ROSA Linux Bugzilla – Bug 8647
[UPDATE REQUEST 2016.1] gig 4.0.0 -> 4.1.0
Last modified: 2018-01-08 22:06:13 MSK
Update available to release 4.1.0 for gig library.
Notable changes since our actual 4.0.0 release:
* support for gig or DLS files greater than 2 GB;
* fixed a bunch of CVEs: CVE-2017-12950, CVE-2017-12951, CVE-2017-12952, CVE-2017-12953 and CVE-2017-12954;
* fixed potential crashes in command line tools gig2stereo, korg2gig, korgdump and sf2extract;
* added new parameter "--verify" which allows to check the raw wave form data integrity of all samples;
* added and implemented new parameter "--rebuild-checksums" which allows to recalculate the CRC32 checksum of all samples' raw wave data and rebuilding the gig file's global checksum table (i.e. in case the file's checksum table was damaged).
* minor fixes to man pages and for spelling mistakes.
While being a library, the update is rather safe because all the packages depending upon this one (lmms, linuxsampler, gigedit and qsampler) have updates pending and require the new gig release...
Update gig to the 4.1.0 release.
Needed by lmms, linuxsampler, gigedit and qsampler packages.
Packages for Rosa 2016.1 / Main: