Bug 8259 - [UPDATE REQUEST 2016.1] rygel 0.34.0 -> 0.36.0
: [UPDATE REQUEST 2016.1] rygel 0.34.0 -> 0.36.0
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Product: Desktop Bugs
Classification: ROSA Desktop
Component: Main Packages
: Fresh
: All Linux
: Normal normal
: ---
Assigned To: ROSA Linux Bugs
: ROSA Linux Bugs
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2017-08-19 21:23 MSD by Giovanni Mariani
Modified: 2018-02-20 14:45 MSK (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
RPM Package: rygel-0.34.0-2.src.rpm
ISO-related:
Bad POT generating:
Upstream:
vladimir.potapov: qa_verified+
andrey.bondrov: published+


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Giovanni Mariani 2017-08-19 21:23:44 MSD
New release 0.35.0 for rygel media server.

Changes since our 0.34.0:
- Translation updates
- Fix missing COPYING.logo in tarball
- Fix XML generation rule for out-of-tree builds from git
- Fix Build issue for dist tarballs with Yocto 2.2
- Fix GStreamer dependency for media engine
- Add logo to fullscreen renderer
- Fix guessing user agent from SSDP/UPnP communication
- Remove NOT_IMPLEMENTED for SetNextAVTransport
- Log if setting nice value for extractor fails
- Search for 2.0 Tracker API
- Fixed gnome bug #778829.
Comment 1 Giovanni Mariani 2017-08-19 21:25:24 MSD
Advisory:
Update rygel to release 0.35.0.

Packages for Rosa2016.1/Main:
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2887645
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2887646
Comment 3 Vladimir Potapov 2017-11-02 11:22:02 MSK
Old version rygel work ok, but after update
1) not work
2) slow reboot
I test it on GNOME x64
********************************************
QA Denied
Comment 4 Giovanni Mariani 2017-11-02 14:30:59 MSK
(In reply to comment #3)
> Old version rygel work ok, but after update
> 1) not work
> 2) slow reboot
> I test it on GNOME x64
> ********************************************
> QA Denied

Can you kindly provide some details about the issues?
What means "not work"?
There are error messages in console or in the system log?

My VM are all plasma-based, so I could have missed performance issues...
Comment 5 Giovanni Mariani 2017-11-02 15:00:20 MSK
(In reply to comment #4)
> (In reply to comment #3)
> > Old version rygel work ok, but after update
> > 1) not work
> > 2) slow reboot
> > I test it on GNOME x64
> > ********************************************
> > QA Denied
> 
> Can you kindly provide some details about the issues?
> What means "not work"?
> There are error messages in console or in the system log?
> 
> My VM are all plasma-based, so I could have missed performance issues...

Is our actual 0.34.0 package really working for you?
I see many issues at start time even with it...
I wonder if our old package is really sound.

BTW the slow boot thing could be due to the timeout in starting the .service unit...
Comment 6 Giovanni Mariani 2018-02-01 00:31:41 MSK
Advisory:
Update rygel to release 0.36.0.
Since 0.35.0 there are mainly translation fixes.

Packages for Rosa2016.1 / Main:
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2918591
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2918592

Tested by running "rygel" in a konsole and using gupnp-av-cp...
Comment 7 Vladimir Potapov 2018-02-15 12:00:11 MSK
(In reply to comment #6)
> Advisory:
> Update rygel to release 0.36.0.
> Since 0.35.0 there are mainly translation fixes.
> 
> Packages for Rosa2016.1 / Main:
> https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2918591
> https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2918592
> 
> Tested by running "rygel" in a konsole and using gupnp-av-cp...

It works!
But I see error
"I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/gupnp-av/didl-lite-v2.xsd"
Schemas parser error : Failed to locate the main schema resource at '/usr/share/gupnp-av/didl-lite-v2.xsd'"
Comment 8 Giovanni Mariani 2018-02-15 13:32:31 MSK
(In reply to comment #7)
> (In reply to comment #6)
> > Advisory:
> > Update rygel to release 0.36.0.
> > Since 0.35.0 there are mainly translation fixes.
> > 
> > Packages for Rosa2016.1 / Main:
> > https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2918591
> > https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2918592
> > 
> > Tested by running "rygel" in a konsole and using gupnp-av-cp...
> 
> It works!
> But I see error
> "I/O warning : failed to load external entity
> "/usr/share/gupnp-av/didl-lite-v2.xsd"
> Schemas parser error : Failed to locate the main schema resource at
> '/usr/share/gupnp-av/didl-lite-v2.xsd'"

I cannot reproduce it, but it happens that I have already installed on my PC the lib64gupnp-av-devel package (ie the package containing the above file)...
We need an explicit Requires for this one: packages ready ASAP
Comment 9 Giovanni Mariani 2018-02-15 13:43:26 MSK
(In reply to comment #8)
> (In reply to comment #7)
> > (In reply to comment #6)
> > > Advisory:
> > > Update rygel to release 0.36.0.
> > > Since 0.35.0 there are mainly translation fixes.
> > > 
> > > Packages for Rosa2016.1 / Main:
> > > https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2918591
> > > https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2918592
> > > 
> > > Tested by running "rygel" in a konsole and using gupnp-av-cp...
> > 
> > It works!
> > But I see error
> > "I/O warning : failed to load external entity
> > "/usr/share/gupnp-av/didl-lite-v2.xsd"
> > Schemas parser error : Failed to locate the main schema resource at
> > '/usr/share/gupnp-av/didl-lite-v2.xsd'"
> 
> I cannot reproduce it, but it happens that I have already installed on my PC
> the lib64gupnp-av-devel package (ie the package containing the above file)...
> We need an explicit Requires for this one: packages ready ASAP

A more thorough search shows that the file didl-lite-v2.xsd is required by gupnp-av, not by rygel...
We need to fix the gupnp-av package, but the rygel one can proceed, IMO.
Comment 10 Vladimir Potapov 2018-02-15 13:46:52 MSK
I not denied rygel :-)
But I wait all needed (for correct work) containers in one query update.
Comment 11 Giovanni Mariani 2018-02-15 14:00:15 MSK
(In reply to comment #10)
> I not denied rygel :-)
> But I wait all needed (for correct work) containers in one query update.

So there is nothing you have to wait here... :-)

The gupnp-av thing is only a way to test that rygel works, not an issue of the rygel package itself, so this one does not need fixes or rebuilds.
 
I'm opening a bug about the issue with gupnp to avoid forgetting about it...
Comment 12 Vladimir Potapov 2018-02-15 14:09:52 MSK
(In reply to comment #11)
> (In reply to comment #10)
> > I not denied rygel :-)
> > But I wait all needed (for correct work) containers in one query update.
> 
> So there is nothing you have to wait here... :-)
> 
> The gupnp-av thing is only a way to test that rygel works, not an issue of
> the rygel package itself, so this one does not need fixes or rebuilds.
>  
> I'm opening a bug about the issue with gupnp to avoid forgetting about it...
Ok :-)
****************************************
The update is sent to expanded testing
Comment 13 Vladimir Potapov 2018-02-20 13:59:38 MSK
rygel-0.36.0-1
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2918591
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2918592
********************* Advisory **********************
Update rygel to release 0.36.0.
Since 0.35.0 there are mainly translation fixes.
*****************************************************
QA Verified