Bug 81 - Jovie is closed abnormally
: Jovie is closed abnormally
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: Desktop Bugs
Classification: ROSA Desktop
Component: Main Packages
: Marathon
: All Linux
: Normal enhancement
: ---
Assigned To: ROSA Linux Bugs
: ROSA Linux Bugs
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-04-18 13:50 MSD by FirstLevel
Modified: 2012-07-12 15:48 MSD (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
RPM Package: kdeaccessibility4-4.7.41-1.src.rpm
ISO-related:
Bad POT generating:
Upstream:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description FirstLevel 2012-04-18 13:50:34 MSD
Description of problem:


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run the jovie application
2. After that we have process in memory and icon of "man" in a tray
3. Click on this tray icon right mouse button and select "About jovie"
4. After that we have informational windows "About jovie"
5. Click "Close" button in this window
6. After that application jovie is closed, tray icon is disappeared.
Comment 1 Aleksandr Kazantcev 2012-04-18 14:17:36 MSD
We have jovie-4.8.1.

Please rpm -qa | jovie
Comment 2 FirstLevel 2012-04-18 14:28:16 MSD
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep jovie
jovie-4.7.41-1-mdv2011.0.i586
[root@localhost ~]#
Comment 3 FirstLevel 2012-07-12 08:22:54 MSD
Is there any comments from developers?
Comment 4 Denis Silakov 2012-07-12 12:27:00 MSD
Could you please try jovie-4.8.2, it should be free of this problem:

wget http://mirror.yandex.ru/rosa/rosa2012lts/repository/x86_64/media/main/release/jovie-4.8.2-1-rosa.lts2012.0.x86_64.rpm

sudo rpm -i jovie-4.8.2-1-rosa.lts2012.0.x86_64.rpm


(It seems that we have two jovie packages in the main/release and urpmi installs the older one; we'll remove it soon, but it can take some time while it is removed from mirrors)
Comment 5 FirstLevel 2012-07-12 13:03:50 MSD
What I have...

1. jovie-4.7.41-1.i586 is workinng package with error deascribed in this bug

2. I can not to update jovie 
[root@lts-86 Загрузки]# rpm -Uhv jovie-4.8.2-1-rosa.lts2012.0.i586.rpm 
Подготовка...     ########################################### [100%]
error: Install/Erase problems:
        пакет jovie-4.7.41-1.i586 (который новее, чем jovie-4.8.2-1.i586) уже установлен

3. If I remove old package (jovie-4.7.41-1.i586) and install new (jovie-4.8.2-1) I have an error while jovie is starting:
[sergei@lts-86 ~]$ jovie 
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
jovie(4542)/kttsd (daemon): could not get a connection to speech-dispatcher
Comment 6 Denis Silakov 2012-07-12 13:15:27 MSD
(In reply to comment #5)
> 2. I can not to update jovie 
> [root@lts-86 Загрузки]# rpm -Uhv jovie-4.8.2-1-rosa.lts2012.0.i586.rpm 
> Подготовка...     ########################################### [100%]
> error: Install/Erase problems:
>         пакет jovie-4.7.41-1.i586 (который новее, чем jovie-4.8.2-1.i586)
> уже установлен

This is expected. We should just drop jovie-4.7.41 from repos (already done). You should delete jovie-4.7.41 manually before installing 4.8.2.
 
> 3. If I remove old package (jovie-4.7.41-1.i586) and install new
> (jovie-4.8.2-1) I have an error while jovie is starting:
> [sergei@lts-86 ~]$ jovie 
> QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
> Application may misbehave.
> QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
> Application may misbehave.
> jovie(4542)/kttsd (daemon): could not get a connection to speech-dispatcher

I also see this error in console, but actually jovie starts successfully and I can see a 'man' icon in the toolbar. It is likely a feature of a new jovie release that it starts like a daemon (i.e., returns control to console).

Not sure if we should pay much attention to the error you have mentioned.
If application works as expected, I would just ignore it.
Comment 7 FirstLevel 2012-07-12 13:24:16 MSD
Sorry. I have tested new package. It is not closed when I am closing "About" window. Problem is solved.
Comment 8 Denis Silakov 2012-07-12 15:06:11 MSD
Closing then. No need for additional actions, since the package is already in main/release.
Comment 9 FirstLevel 2012-07-12 15:08:56 MSD
(In reply to comment #8)
> Closing then. No need for additional actions, since the package is already
> in main/release.

Do You remove old package from main repo?
Comment 10 Denis Silakov 2012-07-12 15:10:16 MSD
(In reply to comment #9)
> (In reply to comment #8)
> > Closing then. No need for additional actions, since the package is already
> > in main/release.
> 
> Do You remove old package from main repo?

Ah, yes. The package is removed. As far as I can see, it is already removed from some mirrors, as well.
Comment 11 Alexander Burmashev 2012-07-12 15:12:54 MSD
Hm interesting, where did the bug reporter  get jovie-4.7.41-1 if jovie-4.8.2-1-rosa.lts2012.0.i586.rpm is in repo from the release time ?
Comment 12 FirstLevel 2012-07-12 15:16:05 MSD
(In reply to comment #11)
> Hm interesting, where did the bug reporter  get jovie-4.7.41-1 if
> jovie-4.8.2-1-rosa.lts2012.0.i586.rpm is in repo from the release time ?

The old package is presented in http://mirror.yandex.ru/rosa/rosa2012lts/repository/i586/main/release/ one hour ago
Comment 13 Denis Silakov 2012-07-12 15:18:30 MSD
(In reply to comment #12)
> (In reply to comment #11)
> > Hm interesting, where did the bug reporter  get jovie-4.7.41-1 if
> > jovie-4.8.2-1-rosa.lts2012.0.i586.rpm is in repo from the release time ?
> 
> The old package is presented in
> http://mirror.yandex.ru/rosa/rosa2012lts/repository/i586/main/release/ one
> hour ago

Yeah, it was removed only recently. somehow we managed to have two jovie packages there.
Comment 14 Alexander Burmashev 2012-07-12 15:18:56 MSD
Ok, good.
Then if someone decided to cleanup the repo and removed it, he should also check at least this 2 things:

1) If the repo is closed by dependances now

2) What version of jovie got to the release image of ROSA
Comment 15 Denis Silakov 2012-07-12 15:29:44 MSD
(In reply to comment #14)
> Ok, good.
> Then if someone decided to cleanup the repo and removed it, he should also
> check at least this 2 things:
> 
> 1) If the repo is closed by dependances now

I'll check.
 
> 2) What version of jovie got to the release image of ROSA

It seems 4.7.41 was included in the image.
Comment 16 Alexander Burmashev 2012-07-12 15:31:33 MSD
Then removal of old package is not really the good way of fixing the issue.
I did not pay much attention to the bug, but if version of package from the iso can't be updated to the last version, then we need to find the source of the problem ( version/relese messed up ? epoch ? ) and fix it.
Comment 17 Denis Silakov 2012-07-12 15:34:40 MSD
(In reply to comment #16)
> Then removal of old package is not really the good way of fixing the issue.
> I did not pay much attention to the bug, but if version of package from the
> iso can't be updated to the last version, then we need to find the source of
> the problem ( version/relese messed up ? epoch ? ) and fix it.

Agree, the complete solution would be to package jovie in such a way that user is able to update to it from 4.7.41...
Comment 18 Denis Silakov 2012-07-12 15:37:20 MSD
(In reply to comment #15)
> > 
> > 1) If the repo is closed by dependances now
> 

Yes, the repo remains consistent.
Comment 19 Alexander Burmashev 2012-07-12 15:41:08 MSD
By the way - since from this moment some other people, except for me, cleanup the release repo, i think when i am out of my vacation we should discuss the way of working with frozen, released repo.

Currently with old jovie removed, even if it was a double and wrong package, we are not able to reproduce and recreate the release image. I am not saying that is is a problem, i am ok with that and currently it does not seem like a problem for me.

But actually if in future we will need to recreate the released image - we will face this problem. To be honest i think that problems, except for some major onces, should be fixed by updates, not by working with the frozen repo. In this case we always have a "snapshot" of the repo, that is the result of our previous iteration of work and that was used to build the ISO.

Of course this is only my humble opinion, but at least i think it should be discussed in future :)
Comment 20 Aleksandr Kazantcev 2012-07-12 15:47:07 MSD
For some reason if in freezed repo (not updated) been too package - older and newest - it's error for repo.

We have in repo jovie-4.7.x and jovie-4.8.x together. It's will be normal fix repo error (this is repo consistent error, such in it not been package with similar name, but different version, it horrible for urpmi).

Another problem, will need change frozen repo - newest package will not be properly installed.

Yes, in installed system problem appear too, but errata for delete/reinstall package is more useful, that create strange update and jam requirements.
Comment 21 Alexander Burmashev 2012-07-12 15:48:04 MSD
Good, i am ok with that :)