ROSA Linux Bugzilla – Bug 5653
Grub2 fail after update (UEFI)
Last modified: 2015-06-05 20:07:48 MSD
I install ROSA Desktop Fresh R5 on an UEFI device, update, reboot and earn this screen: http://funkyimg.com/i/XsJ2.jpg
(Ubuntu 15.04 was previously installed on this device)
Here is the hw-probe of this device: http://hw.rosalinux.ru/index.php?probe=de10405623
Happens with 4.0 and the default 3.14
thanks a lot
1. What image do you use for installing?
2. Did you replace Ubuntu with ROSA, or installed alongside?
3. Please, make a probe using the latest hw-probe version; the old one did not collect some data which are critical for analyzing UEFI problems. If you cannot boot the installed system, you can use the following image and boot Live system from it, it contains the latest hw-probe:
1. The official released R5 and this image from eugene:
3. This hw-probe is from eugenes iso, which contains all updates until the last few days ? Sorry, it is the device of a friend and she use another Linux distro now. :/
(In reply to comment #2)
> 3. This hw-probe is from eugenes iso, which contains all updates until the
> last few days ? Sorry, it is the device of a friend and she use another
> Linux distro now. :/
This image may not be fully up-to-date, but it contains the latest hw-probe. Probably, you launched it with restricting options or from limited user account.
Please, log in as root, and run the following command line:
hw-probe -all -log-level maxi -upload -id SOME-NAME-FOR-PROBE
What user account did you use? There are still many logs missing. Are you sure you logged in as "root" before launching hw-probe?