ROSA Linux Bugzilla – Bug 5286
ISO dont boot on HP 625
Last modified: 2015-03-27 12:08:30 MSK
KDE Desktop Fresh R5 dont boot on this device: https://paste.kde.org/pmb8kqs2g
Much other distros avoid to boot as well, just Knoppix and (12.04) Ubuntu seems to boot.
Please, give us more information.
1. Are you talking about installation image, or about ROSA whach has already been installed on the computer?
2. At what stage boot fails?
3. What do you see on the screen?
4. What exactly did you do for booting ROSA?
5. Are you using USB flash disk or DVD?
6. What application was used for writing the image file?
1) Installation image
2) + 3) I see GRUB loading, then fallback to HDD
4) + 5) Use ROSA DVD, which install successful on 2 other devices, press F9, choose to boot from DVD
(Other OS freeze the BIOS, when i try to boot them on this laptop with a USB Stick.)
6) I think K3B with low burn speed, anyway, the DVD install correct as stated on other devices.
Thanks a lot
Sorry, the GRUB, which load, is ofc the GRUB of Knoppix.
So the DVD Media gets simply not accepted in any way.
Sometimes appear a "Non-System Disk Error or Disk Error" message.
(Really, just sometimes.) The issue is well known in the internet and happens also for (home-burned) Windows DVDs.
For some people resolves a boot from usb this issue, for me (up to now) not.
Plop and refind seems to work for others, i will try that and report then.
Its for sure not distribution specific, so i mark this as resolved, thanks a lot.