Bug 5089 - [UPDATE REQUEST] clamtk 5.05 -> 5.14
: [UPDATE REQUEST] clamtk 5.05 -> 5.14
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: Desktop Bugs
Classification: ROSA Desktop
Component: Main Packages
: Fresh
: All Linux
: Normal normal
: ---
Assigned To: ROSA Linux Bugs
: ROSA Linux Bugs
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2015-02-23 18:14 MSK by Giovanni Mariani
Modified: 2015-03-28 23:41 MSK (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
RPM Package: clamtk
ISO-related:
Bad POT generating:
Upstream:
firstlevel: qa_verified-


Attachments
clamtk-is-hanging.jpg (127.86 KB, image/jpeg)
2015-02-25 10:34 MSK, FirstLevel
Details
14_53_52.webm (634.35 KB, video/webm)
2015-02-25 16:03 MSK, FirstLevel
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Giovanni Mariani 2015-02-23 18:14:16 MSK
New release 5.14.
Comment 1 Giovanni Mariani 2015-02-23 18:16:29 MSK
Advisory: update clamtk to version 5.14.

https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2439796
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/2439795
Comment 2 Giovanni Mariani 2015-02-23 20:52:54 MSK
By the way: clamtk is in Main but depends on perl-LWP-Protocol-https, found in Contrib; so we need to move perl-LWP-Protocol-https also in main or to move clamtk in Contrib.

Given all the work the I have to do to have the package published, when update time comes, IMO it would be better to have it in Contrib...
but I can live also with the other option.
Comment 3 FirstLevel 2015-02-24 14:47:48 MSK
32bit

install old, plug container, update - ok
plug container, install - ok


64bit

install old, plug container, update - ok
plug container, install - ok 

Russian localization is better in new version
Comment 4 FirstLevel 2015-02-24 14:50:18 MSK
I have found a regress in main functionality.

If I choose "Проверить файл" (maybe "Scan file" in english interface) - operation is hanging with such output on konsole:
[sergei32@r5-32 ~]$ clamtk
*** unhandled exception in callback:
***   no &wanted subroutine given at /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.2/File/Find.pm line 1057.
***  ignoring at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.18.2/ClamTk/GUI.pm line 140.


For old version this operation is completed successfully.
Comment 5 FirstLevel 2015-02-24 14:56:28 MSK
************************ Advisory **********************
I have found a regress in main functionality.

If I choose "Проверить файл" (maybe "Scan file" in english interface) - operation is hanging with such output on konsole:
[sergei32@r5-32 ~]$ clamtk
*** unhandled exception in callback:
***   no &wanted subroutine given at /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.2/File/Find.pm line 1057.
***  ignoring at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.18.2/ClamTk/GUI.pm line 140.


For old version this operation is completed successfully.********************************************************
QA Denied
Comment 6 Denis Silakov 2015-02-24 14:57:20 MSK
(In reply to comment #2)
> By the way: clamtk is in Main but depends on perl-LWP-Protocol-https, found
> in Contrib; so we need to move perl-LWP-Protocol-https also in main or to
> move clamtk in Contrib.
> 
> Given all the work the I have to do to have the package published, when
> update time comes, IMO it would be better to have it in Contrib...
> but I can live also with the other option.

Agree, I see no problems with moving clamtk to contrib.

Actually I have already moved it there, rebuilding now.

But in any case it's interesting if comment #4 indicates a real issue?
Comment 7 Giovanni Mariani 2015-02-24 21:29:00 MSK
(In reply to comment #5)
> ************************ Advisory **********************
> I have found a regress in main functionality.
> 
> If I choose "Проверить файл" (maybe "Scan file" in english interface) -
> operation is hanging with such output on konsole:
> [sergei32@r5-32 ~]$ clamtk
> *** unhandled exception in callback:
> ***   no &wanted subroutine given at /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.2/File/Find.pm line
> 1057.
> ***  ignoring at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.18.2/ClamTk/GUI.pm line 140.
> For old version this operation is completed
> successfully.********************************************************
> QA Denied
Sorry for the delayed reply: I was out until now...

In my setup the above steps all are working without any error message in konsole.
Perhaps some missing required perl package?
Comment 8 Giovanni Mariani 2015-02-24 21:48:25 MSK
Doing
$LANGUAGE=ru_RU clamtk on konsole and clicking in your same icon (the one at the bottom left, right?) and all works...
So, at least, it is not LANG related.
Comment 9 FirstLevel 2015-02-25 10:34:10 MSK
Created attachment 3764 [details]
clamtk-is-hanging.jpg
Comment 10 FirstLevel 2015-02-25 10:35:22 MSK
(In reply to comment #8)
> Doing
> $LANGUAGE=ru_RU clamtk on konsole and clicking in your same icon (the one at
> the bottom left, right?) and all works...
> So, at least, it is not LANG related.

My situation with hanging looks like that clamtk-is-hanging.jpg
Comment 11 Giovanni Mariani 2015-02-25 12:39:22 MSK
(In reply to comment #10)
> (In reply to comment #8)
> > Doing
> > $LANGUAGE=ru_RU clamtk on konsole and clicking in your same icon (the one at
> > the bottom left, right?) and all works...
> > So, at least, it is not LANG related.
> 
> My situation with hanging looks like that clamtk-is-hanging.jpg
In my case, I get the same two windows from clamtk (and the console) while the file scanning is in progress
, but without the orange bar at the bottom and wir(In reply to comment #10)
> (In reply to comment #8)
> > Doing
> > $LANGUAGE=ru_RU clamtk on konsole and clicking in your same icon (the one at
> > the bottom left, right?) and all works...
> > So, at least, it is not LANG related.
> 
> My situation with hanging looks like that clamtk-is-hanging.jpg
In my case, I get the two windows from clamtk (and the konsole one) while the program is scanning a file, *but* without the yellow/orange bar at the bottom and without any error message in konsole.
So I cannot even guess what is wrong in your setup: my best bet is still that somehow you lacks a needed python package and the specfile ATM does not have a
Requires for it...
As soon as I will have the time, I will audit the source to see if it need some new python module to eventually rule out that case.

BTW, what is saying the text on the yellow/orange bottom bar in the clamtk main window? I cannot read Cyrillic, nor I speak russian...
Comment 12 FirstLevel 2015-02-25 13:59:36 MSK
(In reply to comment #11)
> (In reply to comment #10)
> > (In reply to comment #8)
> > > Doing
> > > $LANGUAGE=ru_RU clamtk on konsole and clicking in your same icon (the one at
> > > the bottom left, right?) and all works...
> > > So, at least, it is not LANG related.
> > 
> > My situation with hanging looks like that clamtk-is-hanging.jpg
> In my case, I get the same two windows from clamtk (and the console) while
> the file scanning is in progress
> , but without the orange bar at the bottom and wir(In reply to comment #10)
> > (In reply to comment #8)
> > > Doing
> > > $LANGUAGE=ru_RU clamtk on konsole and clicking in your same icon (the one at
> > > the bottom left, right?) and all works...
> > > So, at least, it is not LANG related.
> > 
> > My situation with hanging looks like that clamtk-is-hanging.jpg
> In my case, I get the two windows from clamtk (and the konsole one) while
> the program is scanning a file, *but* without the yellow/orange bar at the
> bottom and without any error message in konsole.
> So I cannot even guess what is wrong in your setup: my best bet is still
> that somehow you lacks a needed python package and the specfile ATM does not
> have a
> Requires for it...
> As soon as I will have the time, I will audit the source to see if it need
> some new python module to eventually rule out that case.
> 
> BTW, what is saying the text on the yellow/orange bottom bar in the clamtk
> main window? I cannot read Cyrillic, nor I speak russian...

Main window bottom bar: "Signature database is up to date"
Second window: "Preparation..."
Comment 13 FirstLevel 2015-02-25 16:03:03 MSK
> > BTW, what is saying the text on the yellow/orange bottom bar in the clamtk
> > main window? I cannot read Cyrillic, nor I speak russian...
> 
> Main window bottom bar: "Signature database is up to date"
> Second window: "Preparation..."

Sorry, I post screenshot for old version.
For new version I'll post video 25.02.2015 14_53_52.webm
Comment 14 FirstLevel 2015-02-25 16:03:24 MSK
Created attachment 3765 [details]
14_53_52.webm
Comment 15 Giovanni Mariani 2015-02-26 22:10:14 MSK
From my quick audit I cannot see any new perl module used in the new clamtk, so this rule out my idea.
And I really don't have any clue about what is going wrong for you...
I will try to reach the upstream developers about this.
Comment 16 Giovanni Mariani 2015-02-26 22:34:00 MSK
Could you verify if you have a copy of File:Find per module installed?
Looks like it is involved in the "&wanted" function of your error message...
Comment 17 Denis Silakov 2015-03-28 23:41:23 MSK
Clamtk has been moved to contrib and Giovanni has already prepared and published a newer version. So let's close this bug as fixed; if somebody experience issues with launching clamtk, feel free to open a separate bug.