Bug 5006 - Cant read (DRM protected?) Disks
: Cant read (DRM protected?) Disks
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: Desktop Bugs
Classification: ROSA Desktop
Component: Main Packages
: Fresh
: All Linux
: Normal major
: ---
Assigned To: ROSA Linux Bugs
: ROSA Linux Bugs
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2015-02-04 15:50 MSK by Shalok Shalom
Modified: 2015-07-01 13:06 MSD (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
RPM Package:
ISO-related:
Bad POT generating:
Upstream:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Shalok Shalom 2015-02-04 15:50:22 MSK
Description of problem:

I, a Forums User and ДроноваЮ cant read "original" DVDs/CDs, in my case Music Disks and Anno 1404. This Bug happens at least since R3 until today. I will try it later with OpenMandriva. libdvd64ccs and so on is installed.

Here are the Forum Links: http://forum.rosalab.ru/en/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5068
http://forum.rosalab.ru/en/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5154

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

R3 up to R5

How reproducible:

Try to play a "original" DVD
Comment 1 Shalok Shalom 2015-02-07 02:47:19 MSK
I can play a DRM protected Music Disk on Open Mandriva Lx 3 Alpha.
Comment 2 Eugene Shatokhin 2015-02-09 11:28:13 MSK
Could you try to install ROSA R5 again, install all updates there, reboot, try to use one or more "problematic" CDs or DVDs.

Without ejecting that CD/DVD, use hw-probe tool then to upload the hardware info and the logs to us (as root):

hw-probe -all -debug -upload -id <Choose_some_name_here>

Of course, replace '<Choose_some_name_here>' with a name/ID of your choice. 

hw-probe will output an URL of the uploaded data, please post it here.
Comment 3 Shalok Shalom 2015-02-09 17:37:52 MSK
hw-probe gives me:
bash: Syntax Error on the unexpected Word "newline"
Comment 4 Eugene Shatokhin 2015-02-09 19:25:24 MSK
(In reply to comment #3)
> hw-probe gives me:
> bash: Syntax Error on the unexpected Word "newline"

It is strange. hw-probe has worked OK on hundreds of machines so far. 
Please post the full command, with all options you used for hw-probe.

By the way, is 'hw-probe' package installed? In ROSA R5, it should be by default, but still.
Comment 5 Shalok Shalom 2015-02-10 02:20:24 MSK
You are correct, it was a typo, i thought, that < and > are part of the command.

http://hw.rosalinux.ru/index.php?probe=19e6d09af2
Comment 6 Eugene Shatokhin 2015-02-10 17:55:01 MSK
Thank you for the info!

There are indeed read errors in the logs:
----------------
kernel: sr 3:0:0:0: [sr0]  
kernel: Result: hostbyte=DID_OK driverbyte=DRIVER_SENSE
kernel: sr 3:0:0:0: [sr0]  
kernel: Sense Key : Illegal Request [current] 
kernel: sr 3:0:0:0: [sr0]  
kernel: Add. Sense: Read of scrambled sector without authentication
kernel: sr 3:0:0:0: [sr0] CDB: 
kernel: Read(10): 28 00 00 00 01 c7 00 00 20 00
kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 1820
----------------

It might be that, the problem is still with libdvdread or libdvdcss rather than with the kernel.

The version of libdvdcss is the same, 1.2.13, in ROSA R5 and OpenMandriva2014, however, we use an older libdvdread, 4.2.0 VS 4.9.9 in OpenMandriva.

To Andrey Bondrov: could you take a look?
Comment 7 Shalok Shalom 2015-02-10 19:07:14 MSK
I test with Open Mandriva 2015.1 Alpha !
Comment 8 Andrey Bondrov 2015-02-10 19:19:03 MSK
(In reply to comment #6)
> The version of libdvdcss is the same, 1.2.13, in ROSA R5 and
> OpenMandriva2014, however, we use an older libdvdread, 4.2.0 VS 4.9.9 in
> OpenMandriva.
> 
> To Andrey Bondrov: could you take a look?

Looks like dvdnavmini library was removed in libdvdnav but it's used in our mplayer. Likely we need to update mplayer along with libdvdnav and libdvdread. 

Soon I plan to update ffmpeg to 2.5.x and rebuild/update packages that use ffmpeg libraries. Likely it will be the best time to update mplayer and dvd libs.
Comment 9 Andrey Bondrov 2015-02-27 11:35:42 MSK
(In reply to comment #0)
> Description of problem:
> 
> I, a Forums User and ДроноваЮ cant read "original" DVDs/CDs, in my case
> Music Disks and Anno 1404. This Bug happens at least since R3 until today. I
> will try it later with OpenMandriva. libdvd64ccs and so on is installed.
> 
> Here are the Forum Links:
> http://forum.rosalab.ru/en/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5068
> http://forum.rosalab.ru/en/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5154
> 
> Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
> 
> R3 up to R5
> 
> How reproducible:
> 
> Try to play a "original" DVD

You may want to try to update from this repository and test:

http://abf-downloads.rosalinux.ru/ffmpeg_backports_personal/repository/rosa2014.1/

There we have new libdvdread, libdvdnav, libdvdcss, ffmpeg and mplayer.