ROSA Linux Bugzilla – Bug 4903
Desktop issues with 1920x1080 15.6-inch screen
Last modified: 2015-07-07 23:10:03 MSD
First of all, I would like to thank UX-team working on such a beautiful desktop that I use about 5 years of my life!
Description of problem:
I use notebook with 1920x1080 344x194mm 15.6-inch FHD screen.
For such a small screen with such a high resolution:
1. Tray icons are too small (Available Devices, Volume, Bluetooth, etc.)
2. Too big icons in Simple Welcome menu
3. Default settings of Font in Configure Your Desktop/Application Appearance doesn't match pre-installed settings
4. The size of language tray icon (en/ru) remains the same when changing DPI of the font.
5. Font setting are too low:
Window title: 10
I've set them to:
Window title: 12
6. Can't find where to set size of font and icons in Simple Welcome
7. Can't add application icons to the panel (drag and drop doesn't work, I want to add Console).
Please see screen-shots attached.
PC probe: http://hw.rosalinux.ru/index.php?probe=cec5e8bffe
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
R5 KDE x86_64, after all software updates
How reproducible: always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to the system
2. Open and look at the Desktop or Simple Welcome
Created attachment 3634 [details]
Tray icons are too small
Created attachment 3635 [details]
Too big icons in Simple Welcome menu
Created attachment 3636 [details]
Preinstalled Font settings
Created attachment 3637 [details]
Default Font settings doesn't match pre-installed
Created attachment 3638 [details]
The language tray icon (us/ru) is too small with DPI=120
Created attachment 3639 [details]
Lenovo G570 Simple Welcome icons look good
Please read the article in the ROSA Point journal: