ROSA Linux Bugzilla – Bug 483
[NEWPACKAGE] Add Double Commander file manager
Last modified: 2012-07-12 12:46:01 MSD
I've created a project for Double Commander file manager, and request for putting it into the contrib repository.
At the moment the packages are built and published in my personal repository:
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/captainflint/libQt4Pas (required by dependencies)
Description of the application (taken from the developer's web site):
Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
Here are some key features of Double Commander:
* Unicode support
* All operations working in background
* Multi-rename tool
* Tabbed interface
* Custom columns
* Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
* Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
* Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
* Extended search function with full text search in any files
* Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
* Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
* File operations logging
* And more...
Package forked to import group and sent to rebuild.
Feel free to maintain it in contrib!
DC not connect any ftp servers.
When installing DC the required 58 packages to install!!!
Rosa iso image 357th x86_64
Created attachment 345 [details]
Created attachment 346 [details]
Just do not open tar.bz2 and .zip archives.
Created attachment 347 [details]
tar.bz2 not open
Created attachment 348 [details]
zip not open
Internal Editor not work file with utf-8.
In the screenshot comparison with Kwrite.
And internal editor "eats" the last letter in each word. See att.
Created attachment 349 [details]
comparison with Kwrite
Anyway it is in the contrib, so if it does not spoil any main tool it is free to stay in contrib repo.
2 Postnikov Dmitry:
Thank you for these reports. I'll take a closer look at them and redirect to the DoubleCmd developers.