ROSA Linux Bugzilla – Bug 3579
[UPDATE REQUEST] [UPSTREAM UPDATE] qemu-kvm
Last modified: 2014-01-13 15:30:41 MSK
* Recent changes to the block layer resulted in a disk I/O performance degradation due to the way block length is calculated and cached internally. This update improves the logic for calculating such lengths and restores performance to the expected levels.
* Due to a regression, the "qemu-img info" command took too much time to respond with the "cluster_size=512,preallocation=metadata" option. This bug has been fixed and "qemu-img info" now responds within one second.
* On images created with very small non-standard cluster sizes (for example, 512 bytes), the "qemu-img info" command could take a long time to respond if run immediately after an image creation. This bug has been fixed, and "qemu-img info" now works as expected.
* When doing live migration with the "--copy-storage-all" option, the virsh user interface failed with the following error message:
"error: Unable to read from monitor: Connection reset by peer"
This bug, caused by a regression, has been fixed, and live migration now finishes successfully.
* Previously, qemu (for example, the "qemu-img info" command) could not open VMWare ESX image files. A patch fixing this bug has been provided, and ESX images are now handled correctly.