Bug 3483 - [UPDATE REQUEST] drakxtools-14.44-3
: [UPDATE REQUEST] drakxtools-14.44-3
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: Desktop Bugs
Classification: ROSA Desktop
Component: Main Packages
: Fresh
: All Linux
: Highest blocker
: ---
Assigned To: ROSA Linux Bugs
: ROSA Linux Bugs
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/import/drakx...
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-12-24 18:41 MSK by Konstantin Vlasov
Modified: 2013-12-26 21:02 MSK (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
RPM Package: drakxtools
ISO-related:
Bad POT generating:
Upstream:
vladimir.potapov: qa_verified+
alex.burmashev: published+


Attachments
dd4.png (230.03 KB, image/png)
2013-12-25 20:01 MSK, Postnikov Dmitry
Details
hardinfo_report.html (64.34 KB, text/html)
2013-12-26 02:14 MSK, Postnikov Dmitry
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Konstantin Vlasov 2013-12-24 18:41:03 MSK
drakxtools were updated to allow choosing between MSAD and local authentication on firstboot stage of OS installation (turned off by default, switched on by adding support_msad=yes in /etc/draklive-install.d/sysconfig/finish-install).
Comment 1 Konstantin Vlasov 2013-12-24 18:42:35 MSK
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1494368
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1494369

Advisory: Added dialogs for choosing between MSAD and local authentication and for joining MSAD domain on firstboot stage of OS installation.
Comment 2 Konstantin Vlasov 2013-12-25 18:18:35 MSK
As it happened, the previous build (14.44-2) was not correct, here are fixed packages, version 14.44-3.

https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1495313
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1495314

Advisory: Added dialogs for choosing between MSAD and local authentication and for joining MSAD domain on firstboot stage of OS installation.
Comment 3 Vladimir Potapov 2013-12-25 18:44:43 MSK
(In reply to comment #2)
> As it happened, the previous build (14.44-2) was not correct, here are fixed
> packages, version 14.44-3.
> 
> https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1495313
> https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1495314
> 
> Advisory: Added dialogs for choosing between MSAD and local authentication
> and for joining MSAD domain on firstboot stage of OS installation.

Container don't created
Comment 4 Konstantin Vlasov 2013-12-25 18:50:58 MSK
Sorry, those buildlists got stuck in pending mode. New buildlists should be used:
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1495339
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1495340

Advisory: Added dialogs for choosing between MSAD and local authentication and for joining MSAD domain on firstboot stage of OS installation.
Comment 5 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-12-25 19:54:38 MSK
(In reply to comment #4)
> Sorry, those buildlists got stuck in pending mode. New buildlists should be
> used:
> https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1495339
> https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1495340
> 
> Advisory: Added dialogs for choosing between MSAD and local authentication
> and for joining MSAD domain on firstboot stage of OS installation.

Yes MSAD is present in the choice of authentication form.
But I can't check joining MSAD domain.

Gtk-critical message:
===============
[root@mindlife pastordi]# adduserdrake
Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_cell_view_set_cell_data: assertion `cell_view->priv->displayed_row != NULL' failed at /usr/lib/libDrakX/interactive/gtk.pm line 527.
[root@mindlife pastordi]#
===============
Comment 6 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-12-25 20:01:38 MSK
Created attachment 2468 [details]
dd4.png

drakhardware show 2 time my web cams, and in part Keyboard why are displayed in the audio device.
Comment 7 Konstantin Vlasov 2013-12-25 21:12:22 MSK
(In reply to comment #5)
> Yes MSAD is present in the choice of authentication form.
> But I can't check joining MSAD domain.

This change is designed to be:
a) displayed in OS installer only (firstboot stage), and not affect adduserdrake or any other drakx tools;
b) only visible when "support_msad=yes" is specified in the config file (which is NOT so in ROSA Fresh);
c) in case domain authentication is visible and selected, joining domain will be performed also at the firstboot stage and by means of command-line tools from PBIS package (which is also not present in ROSA Fresh, and for testing this functionality such package should be additionally installed).

So, the change itself is designed to be working only in RED distro which will include both PBIS and "support_msad=yes" option. In ROSA Fresh it all should be completely hidden. What requires testing is whether there are any regressions from the changes made.
Comment 8 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-12-25 22:02:40 MSK
(In reply to comment #7)
> (In reply to comment #5)
> > Yes MSAD is present in the choice of authentication form.
> > But I can't check joining MSAD domain.
> 
> This change is designed to be:
> a) displayed in OS installer only (firstboot stage), and not affect
> adduserdrake or any other drakx tools;
> b) only visible when "support_msad=yes" is specified in the config file
> (which is NOT so in ROSA Fresh);
> c) in case domain authentication is visible and selected, joining domain
> will be performed also at the firstboot stage and by means of command-line
> tools from PBIS package (which is also not present in ROSA Fresh, and for
> testing this functionality such package should be additionally installed).
> 
> So, the change itself is designed to be working only in RED distro which
> will include both PBIS and "support_msad=yes" option. In ROSA Fresh it all

I undestand.

> should be completely hidden. What requires testing is whether there are any
> regressions from the changes made.

No.
Comment 9 Aleksandr Kazantcev 2013-12-26 00:19:58 MSK
drakhardware broked and his fix need more resources. We need it only for some detect parts - they don't help setup system. For example we would simple replace it with hwinfo or other software.
Comment 10 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-12-26 02:14:52 MSK
Created attachment 2471 [details]
hardinfo_report.html

(In reply to comment #9)
> drakhardware broked and his fix need more resources. We need it only for
> some detect parts - they don't help setup system. For example we would
> simple replace it with hwinfo or other software.

By the way in hardinfo also in the Keyboard section shows the audio device
Comment 11 Aleksandr Kazantcev 2013-12-26 09:18:15 MSK
This means that devices are enumerate in hw/kernel base as keyboard :)
Comment 12 Vladimir Potapov 2013-12-26 09:27:47 MSK
(In reply to comment #10)
> Created attachment 2471 [details]
> hardinfo_report.html
> 
> (In reply to comment #9)
> > drakhardware broked and his fix need more resources. We need it only for
> > some detect parts - they don't help setup system. For example we would
> > simple replace it with hwinfo or other software.
> 
> By the way in hardinfo also in the Keyboard section shows the audio device

Is it any regression?
Comment 13 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-12-26 10:22:55 MSK
(In reply to comment #12)
> (In reply to comment #10)
> > Created attachment 2471 [details]
> > hardinfo_report.html
> > 
> > (In reply to comment #9)
> > > drakhardware broked and his fix need more resources. We need it only for
> > > some detect parts - they don't help setup system. For example we would
> > > simple replace it with hwinfo or other software.
> > 
> > By the way in hardinfo also in the Keyboard section shows the audio device
> 
> Is it any regression?

No
Comment 14 Vladimir Potapov 2013-12-26 14:01:25 MSK
drakxtools-14.44-3
********************** Advisory **********************
Added dialogs for choosing between MSAD and local authentication and for joining MSAD domain on firstboot stage of OS installation.
******************************************************
QA Verified