ROSA Linux Bugzilla – Bug 273
Filters in KMail do not work by default
Last modified: 2014-06-09 08:36:45 MSD
Description of problem:
I installed KMail, added some mail filters, but they did not work.
To make filters work, I had to install akonadi-mailfilter-agent package via rpmdrake. After that, I restarted my PC (actually, I killed Akonadi services), and kmail filters started to work.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Get a clean ISO, install kmail only.
2. Set up a mail account, and try to use a mail filter.
3. See that it doesn't work even if you apply manual filtering with Ctrl+J.
A fix would be obvious: add this filter package as a Requires for the kmail package. I wanted to try to create a fixed package, but could not find the ABF project to clone. :-(
I added the fix to the current kdepim.
The project that had to be fixed is
If your user on ABF is not in import group there is fair chance that you will not be able to access it.
Please note that the latest version of KDE is 4.8.3, so i applied this small fix to it. And this means that this kdepim fix will be available to all users only after KDE 4.8.3 is checked and verified by QA, which may take some time.
The project didn't contain the rosa2012lts branch, so I thought it's not the production project...
It doesn't build anyway. Marking as in-progress.
Some comments in order to have all this written in one more place
1) Kdepim ( and the whole kde stack ) indeed does not have rosa2012lts branch -
this will be "fixed" ( actually all changes will be moved to import/package/rosa2012lts ) after the KDE 4.8.3 approval and publishing.
2) It does not built because there is no kde 4.8.3 libs and etc in the main repo, i press new built absolutely automatically
I just can't get all these quirks into my head...
That was just some flood from me and i am sorry for that =)
Fix is in the git, it will hit the repo soon ( not today ).
It seems that the issue is still in place and akonadi-mailfilter-agent is not included in kmail dependencies...
This "fix" ( one string in the spec file ) is applied to the kdepim package, which is the part of the KDE stack. When KDE stack will be updated, the fix will hit the repo.
I have LTS with actual updates.
[sergei@ltsx32 ~]$ rpm -qa | grep kdebase4
All required packages are presented.
[sergei@ltsx32 ~]$ rpm -qa | grep kdepim
[sergei@ltsx32 ~]$ rpm -qa | grep mailfilter
I think bug is solved