ROSA Linux Bugzilla – Bug 2089
resizing window is very difficult
Last modified: 2013-06-05 20:43:41 MSD
Description of problem: changing windows size is difficult because placing pointer over the border to change pointer shape is difficult.
This operation become more difficult using touchpad as in all notebook.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: ever
Steps to Reproduce:
1. move the pointer over the border of window till the pointer become a small arrow with two arrowheads
2. as you move a bit the pointer return in normal shape and it's impossible to resize
This is a known problem of default ROSA decoration theme. Developers claim that there are some serious limitations that prevent them from making borders wider.
As a possible solution, you can use another theme.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1471 ***
(In reply to comment #1)
> Developers claim > that there are some serious limitations that prevent them >from making borders wider.
I don't understand why.
I tried this setting that widen border and it seems working.
1) open Configure your Desktop → Workspace Appearance and Behaviour → Workspace Appearance
2) on the left choose Windows Decorations → Configure Decoration ... →
3) in small windows “Decoration Options - “ → Border size → Large
With border size set to "Large" picking the border with pointer is quite easy.
With "normal" is very difficult. With "Tiny" is simply impossible. In my opinion this remain a bug to solve.