ROSA Linux Bugzilla – Bug 1740
rpmdrake incorrectly shows updates
Last modified: 2015-04-03 17:31:02 MSD
Created attachment 1234 [details]
two entities of ffmpeg
Description of problem:
rpmdrake does not show updates correctly. it there are two packages, both of them is update to an existing package (e.g. ffmpeg, contained in both main/updates and resctricted/updates with similar versions but different releases and dist-suffixes. So you can't select all updates by pressing "Select All".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
0. on fresh (not updated) installation of ROSA fresh 2012
1. connect media - main/updates and restricted/updates
2. start rpmdrake
3. select "View" -> "All packages, by update availability"
4. select "All" and "All" in two upper fields.
5. select "Upgradable"
6. scroll the main frame and you will see two ffmpeg
7. the problem is that you can't select all updates by pressing "Select All"
Created attachment 1235 [details]
can't use "Select All" on updates
Is Your case actual for Fresh R3 release?
The issue is still valid. Though this is not a real bug, but a strange logic of rpmdrake creators who didn't thought that users would perform any actions except clicking on "Update" and "Ok" buttons.
Please could You check the problem for new release 2014.1
The issue is still valid, nothing was changed in rpmdrake.
Should be fixed after recent rpmdrake update. Now we show only the latest available package.