Bug 1691 - [UPDATE REQUEST] firefox, firefox-l10n
: [UPDATE REQUEST] firefox, firefox-l10n
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: Desktop Bugs
Classification: ROSA Desktop
Component: Main Packages
: Fresh
: All Linux
: Normal normal
: ---
Assigned To: ROSA Linux Bugs
: ROSA Linux Bugs
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-02-19 12:20 MSK by Arkady L. Shane
Modified: 2013-02-20 18:34 MSK (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
RPM Package:
ISO-related:
Bad POT generating:
Upstream:
vladimir.potapov: qa_verified+
alex.burmashev: published+


Attachments
Flash crash (389.08 KB, image/png)
2013-02-20 02:11 MSK, Postnikov Dmitry
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Comment 1 Arkady L. Shane 2013-02-19 18:44:55 MSK
Suddenly was released 19 version of Firefox:

Buildlists:

firefox 19.0
============
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/962117
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/962118

firefox-l10n 19.0
=================
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/962119
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/962120
Comment 2 Denis Koryavov 2013-02-19 18:58:25 MSK
:)
Comment 3 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-02-20 02:06:29 MSK
Artifacts when playing a flash. KDE 4.9.5-2 + engine OpenGL
Ati HD4250, driver "radeon", mesa-9.0.1.

http://cdn.2safe.com/375138033559/screencast1.mov
Comment 4 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-02-20 02:11:58 MSK
Created attachment 1217 [details]
Flash crash

Flash plugin crash , when close page from Youtube.
Comment 5 Vladimir Potapov 2013-02-20 10:32:54 MSK
Следующие пакеты невозможно выбрать
- firefox-en_GB-19.0-1-rosa2012.1.noarch (из-за неудовлетворённости firefox-19.0-2-rosa2012.1.i586)
- firefox-ru-19.0-1-rosa2012.1.noarch (из-за неудовлетворённости firefox[== 19.0])
Comment 6 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-02-20 10:36:48 MSK
(In reply to comment #5)
> Следующие пакеты невозможно выбрать
> - firefox-en_GB-19.0-1-rosa2012.1.noarch (из-за неудовлетворённости
> firefox-19.0-2-rosa2012.1.i586)
> - firefox-ru-19.0-1-rosa2012.1.noarch (из-за неудовлетворённости firefox[==
> 19.0])

The repository with a test FF likely not "ON". Check the repository "ON".
Comment 7 Vladimir Potapov 2013-02-20 10:39:39 MSK
Sorry, I mixed up architecture. Is it possible to make another repository architecture or other distribution did not join?
Comment 8 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-02-20 10:41:34 MSK
(In reply to comment #7)
> Sorry, I mixed up architecture. Is it possible to make another repository
> architecture or other distribution did not join?

So above in the text, there are all the links on all architectures.
Comment 9 Vladimir Potapov 2013-02-20 10:45:23 MSK
I just connect the repository 10-20 times a day and sometimes confused. I would like to incorrect connection was impossible.
Comment 10 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-02-20 10:47:29 MSK
(In reply to comment #9)
> I would like to incorrect connection was impossible.
:) Get in the habit of - in the end of the day delete all repositories.
Comment 11 Vladimir Potapov 2013-02-20 10:51:42 MSK
This is mandatory. But if you connect it was a warning that connects the other repository architecture or another distro, I would be easier to live.
Comment 12 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-02-20 11:00:09 MSK
(In reply to comment #11)
> This is mandatory. But if you connect it was a warning that connects the
> other repository architecture or another distro, I would be easier to live.

	
Then define the variable ARCH and use it. For example:
urpmi.addmedia --update nnnnn http://abf.rosalab.ru/sssss/$ARCH/ssss/ssss/ssss....
Comment 13 Vladimir Potapov 2013-02-20 11:45:28 MSK
QA (for test) use only GUI.
Comment 14 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-02-20 11:58:39 MSK
(In reply to comment #13)
> QA (for test) use only GUI.

Strangely. We must BOTH ways to use and test, and not only one way.
Then, you should NOT hurry, all watch and neatly done. :)
Comment 15 Vladimir Potapov 2013-02-20 12:26:10 MSK
(In reply to comment #4)

> Artifacts when playing a flash. KDE 4.9.5-2 + engine OpenGL
> Ati HD4250, driver "radeon", mesa-9.0.1.
> 
> http://cdn.2safe.com/375138033559/screencast1.mov

I don't confirm this bug on my intel test system.
Please, give me link to the youtube video, then  cause plugin bug.
Comment 16 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-02-20 12:32:04 MSK
(In reply to comment #15)
> (In reply to comment #4)
> 
> > Artifacts when playing a flash. KDE 4.9.5-2 + engine OpenGL
> > Ati HD4250, driver "radeon", mesa-9.0.1.
> > 
> > http://cdn.2safe.com/375138033559/screencast1.mov
> 
> I don't confirm this bug on my intel test system.
> Please, give me link to the youtube video, then  cause plugin bug.

In principle there all the links there. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckoEcs3lF6c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5aiLBF1Vgg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly1CwiqRvfY
and etc.

It is possible from the driver radeon. Perhaps this from the included effects. It is necessary to test more.
Comment 17 Vladimir Potapov 2013-02-20 12:58:40 MSK
(In reply to comment #16)
> (In reply to comment #15)
> > (In reply to comment #4)
> > 
> > > Artifacts when playing a flash. KDE 4.9.5-2 + engine OpenGL
> > > Ati HD4250, driver "radeon", mesa-9.0.1.
> > > 
> > > http://cdn.2safe.com/375138033559/screencast1.mov
> > 
> > I don't confirm this bug on my intel test system.
> > Please, give me link to the youtube video, then  cause plugin bug.
> 
> In principle there all the links there. :)
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckoEcs3lF6c
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5aiLBF1Vgg
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly1CwiqRvfY
> and etc.
> 
> It is possible from the driver radeon. Perhaps this from the included
> effects. It is necessary to test more.
It's regression?
If the roll back to the previous version of FF, the error disappears?
Comment 18 Arkady L. Shane 2013-02-20 14:08:38 MSK
There is not this bug in VMware. People are really complaining about artifacts and radeon.

Try this workaround:

http://www.linux.org.ru/forum/linux-hardware/8354235?lastmod=1350748309190#comment-8357501

Also another thread: http://www.linux.org.ru/forum/desktop/8459172
Comment 19 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-02-20 14:44:34 MSK
(In reply to comment #18)
> There is not this bug in VMware. People are really complaining about
> artifacts and radeon.
> 
> Try this workaround:
> 
> http://www.linux.org.ru/forum/linux-hardware/
> 8354235?lastmod=1350748309190#comment-8357501
> 
> Also another thread: http://www.linux.org.ru/forum/desktop/8459172

This my screancat record with file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/exapixmapsoff.conf in which:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "Radeon"
    Driver "radeon"
    Option "EXAPixmaps" "off"
EndSection

This method eliminates the bug with fonts in LO. :)
Comment 20 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-02-20 14:46:13 MSK
I don't use any Virtual machine.
Comment 21 Postnikov Dmitry 2013-02-20 15:42:26 MSK
(In reply to comment #17)
> > 
> > It is possible from the driver radeon. Perhaps this from the included
> > effects. It is necessary to test more.
> It's regression?
> If the roll back to the previous version of FF, the error disappears?

All OK. I turned off hardware acceleration in settings of flash plugin. And everything was normal.
Comment 22 Arkady L. Shane 2013-02-20 15:50:05 MSK
So it is some trouble only with Radeon. What we will do with package?
Comment 23 Denis Koryavov 2013-02-20 15:55:17 MSK
OK. Then this is not a problem of Firefox, but Flash.
Comment 24 Vladimir Potapov 2013-02-20 17:11:39 MSK
firefox-19.0-2-rosa2012.1
firefox-ru-19.0-1-rosa2012.1
******************* Advisory *********************
Latest upstream version 19.0
**************************************************
QA Verified