ROSA Linux Bugzilla – Bug 1608
network profile management
Last modified: 2013-02-09 00:31:35 MSK
In Rosa Desktop Fresh network profile is still neglected.
There is no easy way to create, change and delete network profile. Nor to know which profile is active and to change active profile. Despite an old bug report http://bugs.rosalinux.ru/show_bug.cgi?id=193 regarding 2012.0 version.
This feature is very useful in any portable device, notebook, laptop, netbook, and it's surprising that Rosa developer don't take into account.
I think Rosa should:
1) add this information to errata explaining how to solve using command line
2) add an icon that allow quick opening GUI (that you can reach with draknetprofile command). This could be done in short time and added to Rosa Desktop Fresh 2012.1 as update.
3) in next version allow an easy way to know which netprofile is active. Probably the best place could be Networkmanager where you can see information regarding network connections.
4) in next version give an easy way to change active profile
Draknetcenter full drop.
NM support network profile in it
(In reply to comment #1)
> Draknetcenter full drop.
Sorry for my basic english but what it means?
> NM support network profile in it
Network Manager support network profile?
Please can you explain how can I change, create o delete network profile using network manager ?
I don't see anything related to netprofile in network manager window. Can you explain where I can see ?
I updated to KDE 4.9.5.
1. draknetcenter not supported anymore - his part is still present in system, but netapplet, profiles and other thing not working. In future it will be full removing.
2. NM possible create many connections for same wi-fi, eternet and other card.
(In reply to comment #3)
> 1. draknetcenter not supported anymore - his part is still present in
> system, but netapplet, profiles and other thing not working. In future it
> will be full removing.
And they will substituted by what?
Network profile is an useful feature that many other distribution don't have. I think it would be better keep them, may be update, not throw away!!!!
> 2. NM possible create many connections for same wi-fi, eternet and other
Network profile is much more than a connection. With a single click you can change proxy, firewall, repositories, in other words you can adapt your system to different situation.
It seem that in Rosa this is not yet clear.
In my opinion this bug is not resolved at all.