ROSA Linux Bugzilla – Bug 1483
Could not insert text from clipboard to LibreOffice Writer
Last modified: 2015-04-20 11:46:46 MSD
Created attachment 1071 [details]
Description of problem:
1. Open speedtest.net in firefox.
2. Choose server and launch test
3. After ending click Share Results and copy URL in the appropriate field
4. You can paste this text into kwrite
5. But if You try paste this text to LibreOffice Writer You get an error (screenshot is attached)
6. You can paste the text only using Klipper
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Created attachment 1072 [details]
This is a well-known issue that exists for a long time. Sometimes LibreOffice can't treat the clipboard data correctly.
As a workaround, you can insert the text using "Edit->Paste special" (choose "Unformattes text" there).
checking the relevance
Case is actual for Firefox+LibreOfficeWriter.
If I use chromium+LOWriter the results is copied well.
I think it is not problem of Libreffice, but Firefox.
As freedesktop bug states, this is a problem of Libreffice which sometimes cannot treat clipboard data corectly. Firefox works fine, it puts the data to clipboard as expected, but LibreOffice sometimes can insert it only using "Edit->Paste special" menu item as "Unformatted text". Otherwise it tries to format that data and fails.
It looks like LO guys don't know how to resolve this issue completely.
Please check the problem for our new release
Case is actual for 2014.1
Solved for Fresh R5
Sorry. For firefox bug is still valid